Carnival Cruise Line has just introduced a number of special cruises – dubbed Carnival Journeys – that will feature longer itineraries, 9 to 15 days in length, and unique ports and activities, starting fall 2015. Destinations will include the Caribbean, Central America, Hawaii and Mexico.
As Carnival explains, “Carnival Journeys itineraries have been specifically designed for guests who are looking for a longer cruise vacation that will provide the opportunity to visit a wide variety of great destinations and more time to fully enjoy all of the features and facilities available on a selection of the line’s newest and most innovative ships.”
Forty tropical destinations including less frequented ports like Tobago, Grenada, La Paz, Martinique, Bonaire and Ixtapa will be featured. The program’s inaugural itinerary will be an 11-day Carnival Dream sailing from New Orleans to San Juan on October 4, 2015 with cruises available through November 27, 2016, featuring North American homeports.
Besides the unique itineraries, onboard activities will also vary in exciting ways as described by Carnival Cruise Line below:
- Authentic Eats: Partnering with local restaurants and chefs, Carnival Journeys participants can enjoy on-board cooking demonstrations where these culinary artists will recreate their signature dishes and traditional cuisines from their country. Participants will also have an opportunity to dine at the chef’s restaurant ashore for a nominal fee and accompany the chef as he or she visits local markets for delectable regional specialties.
- “Local”-tainment: From calypso, soca and Goombay to colorful folkloric entertainment, Carnival Journeys participants will get an up close and personal look at their destination through local entertainment performances taking place outside the ship or on board.
- Academy of Fun: Through these educational enrichment sessions, Carnival’s shipboard experts will instruct guests in topics ranging from cooking and arts and crafts to digital photography and social media, even celestial navigation. All of these activities will be performed with the fun and entertaining style that only Carnival can provide.
- Throwback Sea Day: Carnival will set the “way back machine” to 1987 and recreate a fun day at sea with retro pool and deck games, old school dining options like Baked Alaska and the gala midnight buffet, a white glove Captain’s Celebration, popular movies from that era, a circa 1987 version of the Carnival Capers shipboard newsletter, and more.
- Shipboard Team Member Connections: Here, Carnival Journeys participants can learn more about shipboard life through informative question and answer sessions hosted by the ship’s captain, cruise director, hotel director and others, held at different times throughout the voyage and providing an opportunity to engage and interact with the Carnival team in a fun and casual setting. There will also be an unforgettable show performed by the ship’s crew during the voyage.
“We have received a tremendous amount of feedback from our guests and travel agent partners about the importance of consistently offering new Carnival cruise experiences,” said Christine Duffy, Carnival’s president. “Carnival Journeys was created to offer our existing customers even more options while helping us to attract those guests who have not had the opportunity to sail with Carnival and may be enticed by these longer, more exotic itineraries.”
All Carnival Journeys are currently available for booking. For more detailed information, visit Carnival Cruise Line‘s website here.
HEADER LOGO SOURCE: CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE / HEADER IMAGE SOURCE: JASON LEPPERT