Following a multi-million dollar refurbishment, the Carnival Legend from Carnival Cruise Lines has reentered service with a number of new Fun Ship 2.0 features. Besides the exciting additions, listed according to the cruise line below, the two-week dry dock process in Freeport, The Bahamas also introduced upgraded swimming pools and gym equipment, plus new carpeting, tiling and wall coverings.
- WaterWorks, an aqua park highlighted by Green Thunder – the only attraction of its kind in North America that features an 187-foot-long slide with a pulse-pounding 34-foot-long drop where riders obtain speeds of up to 25 miles per hour; WaterWorks also features the 214-foot-long Twister slide, as well as a splash zone with various spray toys, dual mini-racing slides, and a 150-gallon PowerDrencher tipping bucket.
- RedFrog Pub, a Caribbean-themed watering hole where guests can relax with the Caribbean’s best rums and beers – along with Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red private label draft brew – and enjoy live music while soaking up the distinct British-West-Indies-meets-Key-West ambiance.
- Bonsai Sushi, a full-service sushi restaurant offering delicious Asian-inspired delicacies — sushi, sashimi, rolls and more, along with popular beers and cocktails from the region — all enjoyed amidst a contemporary Far East decor.
- Cherry On Top (seen in the header image above), a “candy and more store” which celebrates the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun fanciful gifts and novelties, custom apparel and more.
- Hasbro, The Game Show, where guests are part of the show through a series of larger-than-life productions and entertainment activities based on the company’s iconic and popular games.
- Playlist Productions, which builds upon Carnival’s reputation for high quality entertainment, combining captivating live performances and high-tech special effects, all set to popular and recognizable songs.
The Carnival Legend can currently been found sailing Caribbean waters from Tampa, Florida. For more information on the newly redesigned ship, visit Carnival Cruise Lines website here.
HEADER IMAGE SOURCE: CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES