Newly operating year-round from Long Beach, California, the Carnival Miracle from Carnival Cruise Lines is the next cruise ship to receive the line’s set of Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades. Once she emerges from her March 7-21, 2015 drydock, highlights will include a RedFrog Pub, Seuss At Sea, and new Playlist Productions shows.
Carnival outlines the enhancements slated for the Carnival Miracle below:
- RedFrog Pub – a Caribbean-inspired watering hole featuring the region’s best rums and beers – including Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red – enjoyed in a distinct British-West-Indies-meets-Key-West atmosphere
- Alchemy Bar – at this vintage-themed cocktail “pharmacy,” mixologists “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients with creative names like “Forty is the New Twenty” and “Restorative Basil Drop”
- Playlist Productions – these four spectacular shows – 88 Keys, 80’s Pop To the Max, Getaway Island and Heart Of Soul – combine captivating live performances of recognizable pop and rock songs with dazzling special effects to create unforgettable evenings of entertainment
- Seuss At Sea – part of an exclusive partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises, Seuss at Sea brings the whimsical world of Dr. Seuss to life with fun activities like the Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast with the Cat in the Hat and Friends, Seuss-a-Palooza Story Time, and more
- Hasbro, The Game Show – this audience-participation favorite features larger-than-life adaptations of the company’s iconic and popular games with titles like Connect4 Basketball, Sorry Sliders, and Yahtzee Bowling
- Cherry On Top – this “candy and more store” celebrates the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun fanciful gifts and novelties, custom apparel and more
- New SPORTS Bar – at this sports lovers’ paradise, guests can catch live sporting events and check out scores on the real-time 24/7 sports ticker
- Spin U – developed in partnership with legendary DJ IRIE – Carnival’s official DJ who has entertained crowds from South Beach to Las Vegas – this fun DJ academy provides aspiring spin-masters ages 15-17 all they need to know to “hit the decks” and rock the club!
Popular Cruising is personally interested to see these improvements made to the ship as the Carnival Miracle was the first Carnival Cruise Lines ship we experienced that led us to greatly appreciate more and more ships in the fleet. These new attractions will be added to existing favorites like the Punchliner Comedy Club presented by George Lopez, Serenity adults-only retreat, and The Taste Bar for samples of cuisine offered throughout Carnival’s ships.
“We’re really excited that the Fun Ship 2.0 product enhancement program that began rolling out three years ago continues to bring innovative, fun and memorable dining, bar and entertainment options to the entire Carnival Cruise Line fleet and to the millions of guests who sail with us annually,” said Mark Tamis, Carnival’s senior vice president of guest operations.
Carnival Miracle can be booked on roundtrip sailings from Long Beach including 7-day and 13-day Mexican Riviera and 15-day Hawaii itineraries. For more information, visit Carnival Cruise Lines‘ website here.
HEADER IMAGE SOURCE: CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES