Passau and Danube Scenic Cruising aboard Emerald Star
Thursday, July 17, 2014
Today, guests aboard Emerald Waterways’ Emerald Starhad three distinct and fantastic ways to spend their day: an optional, full day excursion to Salzburg, Austria; an optional, full-day journey to the storybook village of Cesky Krumlov in the Czech Republic; or the option to stay onboard to enjoy a morning of scenic cruising along the Danube, followed by a visit and guided walking tour in Passau, Germany.
Now, that’s a heck of a tough choice. I’ve been to Cesky Krumlov before, and absolutely fell in love with the town that has remained largely untouched for hundreds of years. Conversely, I’ve never been to Salzburg, and have always wanted to go there. However, both of those options are full-day excursions that would eliminate the option of touring Passau – and I love Passau. The chance to spend a relaxing morning onboard Emerald Star as she makes her way up the Danube followed by an afternoon in Passau was an opportunity that was too good to pass up.
Today’s Daily Program of activities:
- 07:30 – 08:15: Ship stops shortly in Aschach to disembark guests going to Cesky Krumlov and Salzburg, then sails further.
- 06:30 – 10:00: Light Breakfast, Horizon Lounge
- 07:00 – 09:00: Breakfast, Reflections Restaurant.
- 08:00: Departure to Salzburg – Bus 1. Bus returns at 18:00 in Passau.
- 08:45: Departure to Cesky Krumlov – Bus 2. Bus returns at 17:30 in Passau.
- 12:00 – 13:30: Lunch for guests staying onboard. Reflections Restaurant.
- 14:30: Ship arrives in Passau, Germany.
- 14:30 – 15:30: Guided walking tour of Passau for guests staying onboard, with four local guides. Guide Four is for Gentle Walkers.
- 16:00 – 16:30: Tea Time. Horizon Lounge.
- 18:00: All Aboard! Ship sails to Regensburg, Germany.
- 18:45 – 19:00: Port Talk with Daniela. Horizon Lounge.
- 19:00: Captain’s Farewell Cocktail. Horizon Lounge.
- 19:15: Captain’s Farewell Dinner. Reflections Restaurant.
- 21:15: Movie Night, “The Counsellor.” Please sign up at Reception. Pool Area.
- 21:15: Disco Night (put on your dancing shoes…). Horizon