Under the supervision of renowned Italian architect, Giacomo Mortola, Silversea Cruises’ Silver Cloud will be handsomely transformed from stem to stern in anticipation of receiving guests onboard a refreshed vessel in November 2012. The bulk of the work – with an emphasis on a “contemporary classic” redecoration – will take place during a three-week drydock period at the Italian Fincantieri shipyard this month.
A substantial but untold some has been dedicated to the following extensive improvements:
– A refreshed earthen tone color scheme will be applied to updated carpets, corridors, staircases and public spaces from the lobby to The Bar with its additional contrasting cool colors. The Panorama Lounge will receive new furniture, carpet, curtains and reconditioned wood floors, and The Spa and Beauty Salon are also slated for remodeling. The outdoor jogging track will see the installation of new synthetic turf, and the pool will be surrounded with new furniture. Teak decks and onboard woodwork will also be reconditioned and polished.
– As for dining, Le Champagne, will feature a redesigned entry, backlit wine displays, updated seating layout, and new wood flooring, fabrics and window treatments. Also receiving a new seating arrangement will be La Terrazza with wall banquettes and added tables for two, plus a remodeled buffet section. The Restaurant will similarly get fresh fabrics, window treatments and flooring.
– The existing Pool Bar and Grill will expand to now feature The Grill – the interactive culinary experience where guest cook their own meats tableside over volcanic rock – with added seating, overhead awning and the relocation of the area’s current staircase.
– Several upgrades are in store for the suites with updated fabrics for their furnishings and replaced carpets, headboards, curtains and veranda furniture. New Silversea-exclusive reversible mattresses will feature a soft and firm side and be draped with new Pratesi linens. The bathrooms will be getting updated flooring, marble and either a new bath-and-shower combination or a spa-like walk-in rainforest shower and sitting area which is set to replace the bathtub showers found in the majority of the Veranda and Vista Suites. A new wet room with a rainforest shower separate from the bathtub will be found in the Owner’s and Grand Suites.
– Lastly, the onboard mechanical and propulsion systems will be completely maintained.
For more information on the Silver Cloud, visit Silversea Cruises’ website here. What do you think about these extensive improvements to the Silver Cloud? Tell us in the comments section below…
HEADER IMAGE SOURCE: SILVERSEA CRUISES