Take a trip back in time by exploring the history of Europe’s Great War in Flanders Fields on a seven-day cruise starting either in Ostend, Belgium, or Lille, France.
A voyage on a “hotel ship” through Flanders Fields includes:
· the Trench of Death
· a German cemetery, Vladslo
· Hill 60
· Tyne Cot, the largest commonwealth cemetery in the world
· Memorial Museum Passchendale 1917
· In Flanders Fields Museum
· a visit to Ypres to attend the Last Post Ceremony at the Menin Gate.
A visit to Poperinge — “Pops” as the British soldiers called it — tells the story of life behind the lines as the major gateway to the Western Front. It was also the location of the largest evacuation hospital and its history is told in the Visitor Centre of Lijssenthoek Military Cemetery.
The trip also takes in the city of Bruges, Belgium.
(Photo courtesy of Croisie Europe)