In an exciting new announcement, Carnival Cruise Line has revealed the new and enhanced features set to join the upcoming new Carnival Vista. Previously, very little was known about the ship beyond its 133,500 ton size and 3,936 guest capacity. Now there is much to look forward to including the first IMAX theatre at sea and onboard brewery when the ship sets sail in spring 2016.
“Carnival Vista celebrates the connection to the oceans on which we sail and gives our guests amazing seascapes around every corner and more ways to enjoy every moment of sun and fun during their cruise vacation,” said Mark Tamis, Carnival’s senior vice president of guest operations. “From our exhilarating new high-altitude SkyRide (rendered in the header image above) to the Kaleid-O-Slide water tube slide to our IMAX anchored Carnival Multiplex to the multitude of dining and bar options, we are thrilled to share the details about our largest and most innovative ship with our guests while providing our valued travel agent partners with an exciting new option to offer to their clients.”
To explore all the Carnival Vista features, check out the detailed descriptions and renderings from the cruise line below (remember to click on images to enlarge):
With SkyRide, the cruise industry’s first pedal-powered open-air aerial attraction, Carnival is creating some of the best and highest outdoor vistas ever offered on a cruise ship. Adventurous riders can climb aboard hanging recumbent-like bikes to cycle their way around the 800-foot suspended track with panoramic views from 150 feet above the sea. Nearby will be SkyCourse, an exhilarating suspended ropes course. Both are part of the expanded outdoor activity park that also includes a new indoor sports hangout, The Clubhouse at SportSquare, featuring mini-bowling, ping-pong, arcade basketball, sports video gaming and more.
In the largest WaterWorks water park in the fleet, kids and kids at heart will find a thrilling array of splash-tastic fun including Kaleid-O-Slide, the line’s first-ever water tube attraction. Riders will hop on inflatable one or two-person rafts taking them on a fun-filled 455-foot adventure of exhilarating twists and turns with stunning kaleidoscopic visual effects.
Carnival Multiplex: IMAX at Sea
Carnival Vista’s views are truly spectacular inside, too. Carnival is partnering with entertainment innovator IMAX® to bring the world’s most immersive cinematic experience to sea with the first-ever IMAX® Theatre on a ship. Guests will take in the latest Hollywood blockbusters, IMAX classics and IMAX documentary content on a screen that’s three decks high. Next door at the Thrill Theater, moviegoers can enjoy a multi-dimensional special effects experience. Both are part of the Carnival Multiplex, a first at sea for film fans, complete with concession stand offering popcorn and movie snacks. The Warehouse, featuring a variety of video and arcade games, is located adjacent to the Carnival Multiplex.
Fresh Dining and Bar Choices
Featured on Carnival Vista and a first for the fleet will be the New England-inspired Seafood Shack, a casual indoor/outdoor dining venue near the Lido Marketplace eateries. This seafood-lovers’ paradise will feature a menu full of delicious, fresh favorites available for purchase, including lobster rolls, steamed lobster, fried shrimp, crab cakes, fried clams and more.
At the RedFrog Pub, Carnival will brew up great beer for good times in its first ever brewery. During each sailing two giant copper-topped glass kettles will create tasty ales and lagers that can be enjoyed on tap from the bar and through unique tabletop taps that allow guests to pour their own beer. The full bar will also offer an array of Caribbean-inspired cocktails, beers and rums. Indoor/outdoor seating, live music and brewing tours and tastings will also be offered in this fun venue.
Carnival is expanding the line’s popular Latin-infused Havana experience inside and out on Carnival Vista. Celebrating Cuba’s gloried past, Havana Bar serves traditional cocktails and bites during the day and transforms into a sizzling Latin dance club at night. The fun also extends outdoors with a new Havana Pool located aft and offering stunning views of the ocean, whirlpools and relaxation area, complete with colorful umbrellas, faux palm trees, thatched patio huts and comfy seating, perfect for soaking up the sun while enjoying a refreshing mojito.
Carnival Vista will offer a wide variety of well-appointed, beautifully designed staterooms and suites including two new accommodation classes. Tropics-inspired Havana Cabanas feature accommodations with private outdoor patios – complete with lounge chairs and hammock – that face the expanded Lanai ocean-air outdoor promenade and offer magnificent sea views in addition to easy access to the Havana Bar and Pool.
Located within a new dedicated family zone on Deck 2, the new Family Harbor accommodations offer an array of deluxe ocean-view, balcony and interior staterooms that accommodate up to five family members. Parents and kids will have even more room to relax at the new, exclusive Family Harbor Lounge, a secluded space designed as the ultimate family hang out with large-screen TVs, games and complimentary breakfast and snacks. A special family concierge desk will be available here to assist families in making this their best vacation ever.
Al Fresco Lanai
Thanks to an expanded Lanai on Deck 5 guests can stroll or sit and enjoy a beverage at one of the many dining and bar venues that will now feature outdoor areas.
- The line will offer its first-ever outdoor seating options at specialty eateries including Fahrenheit 555, a classic American steakhouse, and Japanese-style Bonsai Sushi restaurant where diners will enjoy sea views as delicious as their meals. Cherry on Top will be the sweetest spot at sea, with a new premium mixed-to-order custom ice cream creation bar, outdoor seating and more than 80 bulk candy options.
- The intimate Library Bar will also offer guests indoor/outdoor options, in addition to the hoppin’ RedFrog Pub and stylish Havana Bar.
Vacationers will find Fun Ship 2.0 favorite poolside eateries and bars including Guy’s Burger Joint, award-winning burgers and hand-cut fries created by chef and author Guy Fieri, and BlueIguana Cantina, featuring freshly made tacos and burritos. Poolside bars BlueIguana Tequila Bar and RedFrog Rum Bar will also provide innovative cocktail options, as will the mixologists at the cocktail pharmacy-themed Alchemy Bar.
The ship’s main dining rooms, Reflections and Horizons, offer a tantalizing array of delicious menu items for guests who want to enjoy a full-service breakfast, lunch or dinner. The striking modern interiors created by award-winning designer BigTime Design Studios offer decidedly different décor than previous Carnival ships. The Horizons dining room will also feature a unique bar that’s the perfect spot for meeting friends and enjoying a pre-dinner cocktail or an after-meal aperitif.
The beautiful Vista Atrium will set a festive mood with its giant, multi-deck-high centerpiece that will delight guests with its LED screens and changing visuals to create the right atmosphere. It’s the perfect place to welcome guests boarding the ship, meet friends at the bar or enjoy live entertainment and dancing.
For those looking to unwind and relax, Carnival Vista has a lot to ahhh about. The luxurious two-level Cloud 9 Spa will feature an array of chill-worthy amenities, including a thalassotherapy pool, four steam chambers, the line’s first infrared sauna and hamam, and special “experience showers” that provide a soothing fragrance element, along with a high-tech indoor cycling studio. Guests can get away from it all at the adults-only Serenity retreat, where there’s breathtaking views, tranquility and even more lounging options to relax including the line’s first outdoor massage huts.
Fun Family Options
As the family cruise leader, carrying more than 700,000 children on board each year, the company designed Carnival Vista with even more fun for families day and night.
- The indoor/outdoor Camp Ocean for children under age 12 is a dedicated undersea-themed play space with more than 200 fun and educational ocean-inspired activities.
- Carnival Vista will be the second ship in the fleet to feature Seuss Bookville, a special reading and play space inspired by the whimsical world of Dr. Seuss. Here kids and their families can read beloved Dr. Seuss books, make arts and crafts and stretch their imagination with toys and games. Also part of the line’s Seuss at Sea program, Carnival Vista guests can enjoy Green Eggs and Ham with The Cat in the Hat and Friends character breakfast, the Seuss-a-palooza Story Time and Parade and more.
- Carnival Vista will also introduce four new games at the family-centric HASBRO the Game Show, as well as special family-friendly comedy performances at Punchliner Comedy Club presented by George Lopez.
Check out the new Carnival Vista in video:
The Carnival Vista will set sail on May 1, 2016 from Trieste, Italy on a 13-day European cruise, the line’s first in Europe in three years. The new cruise ship will spend the summer in the Mediterranean on a number of itineraries (as outlined by Carnival below) before crossing the Atlantic on October 21, 2016, arriving in New York on November 3, 2016, where she will then embark on a series of voyages.
- May 1 (Trieste to Barcelona) – 13-day cruise calling at Dubrovnik, Athens, Izmir (Ephesus), Crete (Heraklion), Valletta, Palermo, Civitavecchia (Rome), Livorno (Florence/Pisa), and Marseilles (Provence)
- May 14, June 11, July 9, September 3 and October 1 (Barcelona to Athens) – 10-day voyage visiting Marseilles (Provence), Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Civitavecchia (Rome), Naples (Capri/Pompeii), Crete (Heraklion), Rhodes, Izmir (Ephesus), and Athens (overnight)
- May 24, June 21, July 19, September 13 and October 11 (Athens to Barcelona) – 10-day sailing featuring Izmir (Ephesus), Rhodes, Valletta, Messina, Naples (Capri/Pompeii), Civitavecchia (Rome), Livorno (Florence/Pisa), and Marseilles (Provence)
- June 3, September 23 (round-trip Barcelona) – Eight-day departure with stops at Palermo, Naples (Capri/Pompeii), Civitavecchia (Rome), Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Marseilles (Provence), and Palma de Mallorca
- July 1, August 18 and 26 (round-trip Barcelona) – Eight-day voyage calling at Messina, Naples (Capri/Pompeii), Civitavecchia (Rome), Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Marseilles (Provence), and Palma de Mallorca
- July 29 (round-trip Barcelona) – Eight-day voyage featuring Cagliari, Naples (Capri/Pompeii), Civitavecchia (Rome), Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Marseilles (Provence) and Palma de Mallorca
- August 6 (round-trip Barcelona) – 12-day cruise visiting Marseilles (Provence), Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Civitavecchia (Rome), Naples (Capri/Pompeii), Dubrovnik, Corfu, Messina, and Cagliari
- October 21 (Barcelona to New York) – Carnival Vista’s inaugural European season will conclude with a 13-day transatlantic crossing departing Barcelona October 21 and arriving New York November 3, 2016, calling at Gibraltar, Ponta Delgada, and Bermuda (overnight call), followed by a series of voyages from the Big Apple.
The Carnival Vista European sailings are already on sale with more information on its New York sailings coming next month.
For more information on the Carnival Vista, visit Carnival Cruise Line‘s website here.
HEADER IMAGE SOURCE: CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE