From McKinley to Denali
Aaron Saunders, Live Voyage Reports
Thursday, June 18, 2015
This morning, we entered our second full day on Princess Cruises’ 11-night Denali Explorer Tour as we awoke in our remote surroundings at the Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge, situated just north of Talkeetna, within the borders of Denali State Park.
For me it was a morning to catch up on some sleep, relax and explore the trails surrounding the Lodge. With Mt. McKinley still in full sun-splashed view, that’s not a bad way to spend the day. It was relaxing, enjoyable, and everything I thought it could be. Sometimes, simply sitting back and indulging in the surroundings of the place you’re currently in can be a reward in its own right. Plus, you don’t want to burn out. Personally, I’m quite adept at burning the candle at both ends…and the chance to take it easy and enjoy the lodge couldn’t be passed up.
Others set off bright and early this morning to participate in some of the many optional land excursions that Princess offers here at the Mt. McKinley Wilderness Lodge. A total of 22 optional excursions are offered here, and they range in price, duration, interest and activity level. It’s a perfect combination, particularly for families travelling together.
Here’s what Princess is offering this year to make the most out of your Mt. McKinley wilderness experience:
- Tour A: Trapper Creek Homestead Tour. 3 hrs, $79.99 per person.
- Tour B: Alaska Sportsfishing. 5 hours, $239.95 per person.
- Tour C: South Denali Experience. 2.5 hours, $69.95 per person.
- Tour D: Sun Dog Kennels 1.5 hours, $115.95 per person.
- Tour E: Wilderness Gold Panning Adventure. 4 hours, $165.92 per person.
- Tour F: Backcountry Wilderness Adventure. 8.5 hours; $99.95 per person.
- Tour G: Denali Wilderness Hike. 6 hours, $99.95 per person.
- Tour H: Byers Lake Nature Walk. 3 hours. $67.95 per person.
- Tour I: McKinley Wilderness Trail Ride. 2 hours, $119.95 per person.
- Tour J: McKinley Discovery Tour. 1.4 hours, $299.95 per person.
- Tour K: Glacier Landing Explorer. 1.75 hours, $389.95 per person
- Tour L: Summit McKinley Flight. 5 hours, $364.95 per person.
- Tour M: Three Rivers Tour. 3 hours, $145.95 per person.
- Tour N: Devil’s Canyon Adventure. 5 hours, $179.95 per person.
- Tour O: Chultina River Rafting. 4 hours, $139.95 per person.
- Tour P: Byers Lake Paddle Trip. 3 hours, $95.95 per person.
- Tour Q: Wilderness Jet Boat Adventure. 2 hours, $89.95 per person.
- Tour R: Talkeetna River Float. 2 hours, $85.95 per person.
- Tour S: Black Bear ATV Adventure. 3 hours, $189.95 per person.
- Tour T: Talkeetna Zip Li
The post Princess Cruises Denali Explorer Voyage Report – Day 3 appeared first on From The Deck Chair.