Regent Seven Seas Cruises awaits the arrival of its forthcoming Seven Seas Explorer, heralded by the line as “the world’s most luxurious ship,” with the announcement of new culinary tours exclusive to the vessel.
Designed to go hand in hand with the new ship’s fine dining options and Culinary Arts Kitchen, Gourmet Explorer Tours will provide guests unique epicurean experiences ashore during the inaugural Mediterranean season. They are part of the premium Regent Choice Shore Excursion program of extra subsidized tours beyond the line’s complimentary selection. The culinary adventures will be escorted by the chef instructor from the Culinary Arts Kitchen along with a local guide, frequently a chef themselves, knowledgeable of regional agriculture, wine and cuisine.
“Our Gourmet Explorer Tours were specifically designed to match the unrivaled level of guest experience found on board Seven Seas Explorer,” said Jason Montague, president and chief operating officer for Regent Seven Seas Cruises. “We have created an unbelievable collection of culinary-inspired tours where our guests can partake in true once-in-a-lifetime epicurean experiences. Our tours were expertly crafted to provide our guests with unique opportunities to dine at a highly coveted and world-renowned Michelin-starred restaurant, visit iconic markets and palatial vineyard estate homes, and learn from some of Europe’s premier chefs with personalized, hands-on instruction.”
Regent’s Executive Director of Culinary Enrichment, Chef Kathryn Kelly, developed 22 total Gourmet Explorer Tours in partnership with Michelin-starred chefs and local culinary experts. The resulting excursions are authentic to each destination to enjoy regional dining luxuries, some only available to Regent guests such as the following described by the line here:
• Sorrento, Italy – Become immersed in the unique cuisine of Campagnia by making cheese at the artisanal fromagerie, watching a culinary demonstration by a master chef, and wining and dining amid the luxury gardens of the stunning Don Alfonso.
• Monte Carlo, Monaco – Wine tasting at Cave Bianchi in Nice followed by dinner at the famed La Chèvre d’Or restaurant highlight a special night out with fellow foodies. Guests gain an appreciation for local and traditionally-inspired dishes hand-selected for the evening affair.
• Saint Tropez, France – Bask in an evening of ultimate gourmand indulgence on the luxurious French Riviera. Taste three Provence varietals at the famed La Croix winery, and then enjoy a gourmet dining experience at the renowned La Vague d’Or, a Michelin 3-star restaurant in the heart of Saint Tropez (pictured above).
• Barcelona, Spain – Enjoy the gloriously rich Catalan culinary scene with guided strolls through the famed Boqueria and Santa Caterina markets, followed by an unforgettable lunch and kitchen tour from Chef Jordi Cruz at ABaC, a famed two-star Michelin restaurant.
“We are creating something truly special and sure to be enjoyed by both die-hard foodies and peripheral fans of the culinary arts,” said Kelly. “With our Gourmet Explorer Tours we have an incredibly diverse array of options for our guests, ranging from the crème-de-la-crème of luxury with our day in Saint Tropez to a more casual farm-to-table experience in Greece. I cannot wait to begin!”
Several tours even include instruction once back onboard at the Culinary Arts Kitchen and its 18 cooking stations. Other available premium tours, ranging in price from $79 to $799 per person, to consider are listed by the line below. Otherwise, Regent Seven Seas Cruises points out that they are “the only line to offer free unlimited shore excursions in every port-of-call in every destination.”
• Corfu, Greece – Guests receive a shopping assignment and gather produce, cheeses and specialties at Old Town’s Corfiot Market. Sample gelato, local wine, fresh-baked bread and the traditional “bourdetto” stew before returning to the Culinary Arts Kitchen for a Greek cooking class.
• Palamos, Spain – For an intimate look at this beguiling region, guests enjoy a tasting at an artisanal olive oil producer before enjoying a cooking demonstration and 7-course tasting menu luncheon in the magical, stone-walled village of Madremanya.
• Taormina, Sicily – Guests visit the renowned fish and produce market in Catania, learn to make delicious cannolis from a pastry master, and enjoy lunch and a cooking demonstration at a famed Taormina restaurant specializing in slow food.
• Livorno, Italy – Enjoy a truly authentic food and wine experience in the Tuscan countryside, with a cooking demonstration and sumptuous lunch – with wines – at Villa Dianella. Guests have time to wander through the stalls at Il Mercato Centrale and marvel at artisanal cheeses and meats, fresh fish, seasonal produce and breads.
The post Regent’s Seven Seas Explorer to Feature Exclusive Culinary Excursions appeared first on Travel Pulse .