Exploring The Kimberley’s Native History in Swift Bay
Another day of exploration awaited guests aboard Silversea’s newest luxury expedition vessel, as Silver Discovererdropped anchor in Swift Bay just after 07:00 this morning. To keep things fair, Zodiac groups were once again rotated to ensure that everyone had a crack at the early morning and late morning departure times.
Here’s a look at what’s happening today aboard Silver Discoverer:
- 07:00 – Silver Discoverer anchors in Swift Bay
- 08:00 – Disembarkation: Zodiac Group 3 (return by 10:00)
- 08:30 – Disembarkation: Zodiac Group 4 (return by 10:30)
- 10:00 – Disembarkation: Zodiac Group 1 (return by 12:00)
- 10:30 – Disembarkation : Zodiac Group 2 (return by 12:30)
- 14:00 – Silver Discoverer sails for King George River
- 14:00 – “Captain Courageous” by Brad Siviour – a look at the S.S. Koolama Incident. Explorer Lounge, Deck 4.
- 15:30 – Afternoon Tea is served. Discoverer Lounge, Deck 5
- 18:00 -Join your Expedition Team for a Recap & Briefing. Explorer Lounge, Deck 4
- 19:00 – Dinner is served. Bon appetit! The Restaurant, Deck 3.
- 21:30 – Relax in The Lounge wity late-night music by Jorge. Explorer Lounge, Deck 4
This morning, I took full advantage of my late departure time of 10:30. I still rose at 6:00, as I have for most of this trip, but I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast in the Discovery Lounge on Deck 5 before taking my laptop down to the Explorer Lounge on Deck 4 to enjoy a coffee and a Danish while I filed yesterday’s post.
Silver Discoverer is a very warm, comfortable ship to spend time onboard. Some of her public spaces, like the Discoverer Lounge, do not photograph well, but remain far more inviting in person than images would suggest. This is also one of the few rooms that has changed very little, apart from the furniture, from the ship’s previous days as the Clipper Odyssey. I would have loved to have seen the kind of top-to-bottom refit that The Restaurant underwent, but for a casual dining venue, it’s perfectly fine as-is.
Our Live Voyage Report from Silversea’s adventurous Silver Discoverer continues tomorrow with one last day in The Kimberley before we sail for Wyndham and Indonesia! Be sure to follow along on twitter by following @deckchairblog or the hashtag #LiveVoyageReport.