Sailing the Red Sea with Silversea
Position as of 15:05 L: 18° 14’32” N, 39° 55’24” E
Speed: 16.9 knots
Wind: 10 km/h / Seas: less than 1 metre
Friday, April 10, 2015
Aaron Saunders, Live Voyage Reports
It’s Day Three of four straight days at sea here onboard Silversea’s Silver Wind as we wind our way towards Safaga, Egypt and the start of a major port-of-call stretch that will last for six straight days. Aside from the transit of the Suez Canal, after tomorrow our next true Sea Day won’t occur until nearly the end of the voyage as we make our way to Kusadasi, Turkey and then eventually on to Piraeus – the Greek port city that is the gateway to Athens.
Truth be told, I don’t mind long stretches at sea – but then, I like Transatlantic Crossings, where the main feature is sea days that stretch on forever. Tonight, we even get to set our clocks back another hour, which means an extra hour of sleep. It’s a good thing, too – we might need it. There’s a surprising amount of things going on today that I aim to take part in.
A look at what’s up today onboard the Silver Wind, courtesy of the Silversea Chronicles:
- 0700: Morning Walk with Fitness Instructor Konstantinos. Aerobics Room, 9.
- 0730: Stretch and Surrender with Fitness Instructor Konstantinos. Aerobics Room, 9.
- 0800: ABS Class with Fitness Instructor Konstantinos. Aerobics Room, 9.
- 0800: The Silver Quiz, Crossword, and Sudoku are available. Shore Concierge, 6.
- 0900: International Desk. Elonora is available to assist International Guests. Lobby, 6.
- 0930: Starting Bridge from Scratch with Genevieve Wilson. Card Room, 6.
- 0930: Bridge for Novice Players by Albert Wilson. Card Room, 6.
- 1000: International Desk. Bianca is available to assist International Guests. Lobby, 6.
- 1000: Jigsaw Puzzle. Come along and add a few pieces. Card Room, 6.
- 1015: Coffee Chat with Voice of Silversea Melanie. Panorama Lounge, 8.
- 1030: Bridge for Intermediate Players by Albert Wilson. Card Room, 6.
- 1030: Sudoku Challenge for prize points with International Hostess Elonora. Panorama Lounge, 8.
- 1030: Enrichment Lecture with Guest Lecturer Peter Damisch. Today’s Topic: Upper Egypt: Valley of the Kings and Valley of the Queens. Parisian Lounge, 6.
- 1100: Watch Seminar: Jaeger Le Coultre with Watch and Jewellery Specialist Murat. The Boutique, 5.
- 1100: Have a g