The House of Sand and Port Wine
Saturday, October 3, 2015
If anyone tries to tell you that river cruising is relaxing business, they’re wrong. River cruises are some of the most active voyages you can take outside of an expedition cruise, and Viking River Cruises’ 10-day Portugal’s River of Gold itinerary from Lisbon to Porto is no exception.
Rather than being a negative, the level of activity here onboard the 106-guest Viking Torgil is a huge positive. Personally, if I travel somewhere, I want to see and do as much as is physically possible. Viking makes that a reality. But the line is also cognisant of the fact that even the most adventurous travellers need a break sometimes, which is why guests onboard Viking Torgil were treated to a restful morning of cruising along the Douro River, though the UNESCO World Heritage Site that is the Douro River Valley.
A look at what is happening onboard the Viking Torgil today:
- 6:00-11:00 AM: Continental Breakfast. A selection of beverages and breakfast items are available at the coffee station.
- 7:00-10:00 AM: Breakfast. Enjoy a buffet breakfast and a choice of dishes cooked to order in the Restaurant.
- 6:45 AM: Cast Off! Viking Torgil leaves Bitetos for Regua.
- 10:00 AM: PresentationL Douro River & Region. Join fellow guests in The Lounge for a lecture on the Douro River and Region.
- 11:00 AM: Welcome to Regua! Viking Torgil arrives in Regua, Portugal.
- 12:30 PM: Lunch. Join us for lunch in the Restaurant.
- 2:00-7:00 PM: Shore Excursion. Mateus Palace followed by Quinta do Seixo Wine Tasting