Come April 17, 2014, Windstar Cruises will take possession of its first power yacht, the Star Pride (pictured above). The ship will then undergo a major overhaul in Barcelona, Spain to rebrand the former Seabourn vessel for Windstar sailings before her launch into service on May 5th, 2014. Areas set to be remodeled are the public spaces, dining venues and suites.
“The planning for Star Pride’s transformation to Windstar’s unique private yacht style is nearly complete. Our enhancements include significant style changes and stem-to-stern upgrades,” said Hans Birkholz, chief executive officer of Windstar Cruises. “The main theme is a casual elegant ambiance, with a warm contemporary style. The look and feel of the renovations will align with our sailing fleet.”
The cruise line breaks down the planned list of refurbishments as follows:
Public Spaces: the majority of public areas will receive updated décor, complete with new furnishings, upholstery, lighting, wall coverings, carpeting, ceiling finishes, window treatments, and floor coverings. The enhanced color palette combines sand and marine shades to contrast with the warmth of wood finishes, elevating the look and feel to casual elegance.
- Yacht Club: the indoor observation area on the top deck will become a chic coffee bar and lounge, where guests enjoy espresso and various sandwiches and pastries while relaxing with a good book, exploring their iPads with wifi, or just watching the coast line as they sail to the next destination. The area will receive a complete overhaul, with new Amtico® flooring, furniture, and an open layout that embraces the view.
- Compass Rose: the club space will turn into Windstar’s popular Compass Rose, redesigned with all new contemporary furnishings, including rich new flooring finishes, plantation shutters, and comfortable chairs and bar stools designed for socializing. Live music can be found here nightly.
- Reception: this area will be refreshed with new paneling, light fixtures, and wall coverings. An additional desk for guests to consult with the destination manager and guest service manager will also be added.
- Star Bar: the outdoor deck bar will offer casual drinks during the day and a venue for star-gazing by night. The bar area will be expanded with teak decking, new stools, and lighting.
Dining Venues: all restaurants will be transformed to embrace Windstar’s casual elegance, where guests are free to eat when, where, and with whom they please (no jackets or ties required). All dining experiences are complimentary.
- AmphorA: Windstar’s formal dining experience will be introduced as AmphorA Restaurant. The main dining room will be redesigned, featuring mirror panels with Murano glass, new soft lighting, wall coverings, and art work. The room will feature a new seating layout; setting the stage for Windstar’s signature dining experience featuring contemporary, international menus and fresh, local dishes.
- Veranda/Candles: the restaurant in the aft of the yacht will be an inviting buffet during the day, with plentiful outdoor seating highlighting Veranda’s new look – the perfect spot for breakfast and lunch alfresco. At night the venue will transform to Candles Grill, a favorite Windstar romantic experience where guests can dine with table service under the stars.
Suites: all 106 suites will be renovated to showcase new furnishings, leather headboards, plush sofas and chairs, drapes, new lighting features, window coverings, plush carpeting, new art work, stylish bed cushions, and luxurious bed throws. The suites will feature a warm color palette that embraces comfort and relaxation.
- Destination Suites: the Owner’s Suites will now showcase different, unique Windstar destinations, such as the Bora Bora Suite. Guests can get a taste of one of the hidden harbors that Windstar sails to, all in the comfort of their suite.
The Wind Star is the first of three yachts recently purchased for use by Windstar Cruises. The new power vessels join the rest of the line’s sailing fleet, with the second and third on their way in April and May of 2015. For more information about the Star Pride, visit Windstar Cruises website here.
Are you intrigued by Windstar’s growing fleet of small ships? Please feel free to share your opinion in the “Leave a Reply” section below…
HEADER IMAGE SOURCE: WINDSTAR CRUISES